List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Knoppix / Stallmann
From:       Gérard Delafond <gerard () delafond ! org>
Date:       2003-05-24 5:55:58

Hi !

I met RMS yesterday in Soissons at the Trophées du Libre (we did not win :-( )
I talked him about The problem of the free/non free Knoppix CD ROM.

I told him, in my mind, KDE should have a complete CD to show people what KDE
can do. But it could also be possible to distribute some CDs with only
pure-free software to show people what free software can do.
He would not like nor a complete cd which would show warnings about non-free
contents, nor a free-only CD which would lead to non free software.

I think KDE needs a complete CD. If making a second CD is not a too hard job
and does not take too much place on our servers, we could prepare 2 cds, but
if it makes too much problems for us, preparing a free-cd should be a job for
the FSF.

Friendly
--
Gerard