List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE 3.2 release cycle
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-05-16 10:26:02

Le Vendredi 16 Mai 2003 02:27, Datschge a écrit :
> * Kde-promo already offers a Knoppix based live CD using the latest
> official KDE release. Ideally this should become an own institution within
> KDE, offering 1) a new live CD only containing the latest official vanilla
> version of KDE whenever a new version has been released, and 2) a regularly
> updated technology preview live CD featuring notable new additions and
> improvements of KDE's CVS Head. Those CD's then can be used as lively
> promotion showing all the latest stuff without interfering with the actual
> development progress. Knoppix already consumes a large part of kde-promo
> ml's discussions so I'm sure this can be done.

Why not make more publicity for Konstruct and for the debian cvs packages done
by Orth (http://opendoorsoftware.com/cgi/http.pl?p=kdecvs;frame=1).

I don't know if I would spread a cvs Knoppix. Stability is a key argument for
promoting KDE to the business user. Outside the geek community, you'll find
little understanding for half broken application. Geeks can use Konstruct or
install a Debian partition with orth packages if they want to bleed.

Cheers,
Charles

--
cmiramon@kde-france.org