List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Knoppix, KDE
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-12 14:43:28

Quoting Mark Bucciarelli <mark@easymailings.com>:

> You can study them, redistribute them, modify them, and redistribute
> your modifications.  (If you redistribute modifications, you must
> give them a new name.)  Sounds like the four FSF freedomes to me.

Actually I think this would be disqualified from their definition for almost
the same reasons that the YaST license does not fit; you can't sell the fonts
or your modifications to them -- unless they are part of a larger work.  If
you look through their materials you'll find a couple of licenses that they
disqualify for similar reasons.

Cheers,

-Scott