List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] LDAP Media Addressbook is Functional
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-05-12 13:58:36

On Sunday 11 May 2003 3:37 am, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> On Sunday 11 May 2003 07:42, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > I've got the LDAP media addressbook working on Bas' server.
> >
> > Instructions on how to connect are included below.  For now, if
> > you would like to add a contact, just send it to me via email.
> >
> > Note that this is a public list, in fact anyone reading this
> > email will be able to connect to the database.  If your are not
> > comfortable sharing your work so publically, then put it in the
> > text file that was set up in the kdepromo cvs module.
>
> I don't think, we should make any data of this kind publicly
> available. We are talking about names and data of other people.
> Data protection permits to publish it. Would you like your name
> published somewhere without your permittance?

It's important to me that KDE e.V. uses this.

Did you mean that the press contacts should be protected?

If you want to protect an LDAP server with authentication, and connect
to it with KMail, you will need to use KMail 3.2.  I haven't had a
chance to test it yet, but I plan to.  The patch I saw was simple
clear-text authentication--is that sufficient?  If not, someone will
have to add more secure LDAP authentication to KMail (which is not
such a bad idea).

Mark