List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Knoppix, KDE
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2003-05-11 21:15:25

Am Sonntag, 11. Mai 2003 22:31 schrieb Mark Bucciarelli:

Hi,

> > drivers for GNU/Linux. People using the proprietary Windows OS do
> > not gain much in having a free device driver for printing.
>
> They do gain something--a piece of freedom.  The value you place on
> that piece is an entirely personal choice.

Sorry, I feel insulted!

> While this time would be better spent figuring out what exactly is
> involved in creating this driver, and putting it on the KDE-knoppix
> CD, it is interesting for me to learn about people's attitudes
> towards freedom.

Do you have any clue what we are talking about? Have you seen the patches
needed for the the MS Driver?

Do you have an idea how much effort it would mean to write a free replacement
for these drivers?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de