List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Address database for press contacts
From:       "Bas v.d. Wiel" <bas () kompas-media ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-22 6:34:19

> I think another Dutch, Philipp Mouss (is my spelling correct ?) already
has
> done some work for producing promotional stuff (T-Shirt, etc...) for KDE
> Netherlands. He used to be on the list... You should also contact Rinse de
> Vries (http://people.kde.org/rinse.html) as he was also active in
promotion
> of KDE in the Netherlands. If you could coordinate with the other, the
> better. The best way in my opinion is to create a KDE-Netherlands/Flemish
> association, it is also more fun when you can meet other KDE Fellows face
> face...
>
> The article for the Consumentenbond is a great idea. Even, if they don't
take
> it it will make a very good basis for a Press Dossier in Dutch.
Journalists
> are lazy and prefer to copy already baked information.
>
> All in all, welcome onboard Bas.
>
> Cheers,
> Charles
> --
> cmiramon@kde-france.org
> http://www.kde-france.org

Thanks Charles. I'm already in contact with Fabrice about the promo-items
and am currently looking for vector versions of the crystal icons since
that's become the default theme for KDE. I'd like to adapt the KDE gear for
Dutch printed material, and make it suitable for professional offset
printing. Anyone know where to find a vector image of the gear in
crystal-style? I looked all over the web for it, but could only find PNG's
on linuxcult.

The article will probably be finished by the end of the week. I'll post it
here on the list for all to see and keep it on file myself.

kind regards,

Bas