List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  License for kdepromo Addressbook Data and LDAP
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-04-21 19:04:22

Le Lundi 21 Avril 2003 18:55, Mark Bucciarelli a écrit :

My opinion is that the data should be only accessible to a limited number of
persons with a password. We don't wan't commercial entities to spam our
precious press contacts.

If I wan't press contact in France, I could e-mail you my request and you
would send me back the data in a common format. That way, you can filter
rightfull and wrongfull use of the database.

> Now, on to a more complicated issue.
>
> What license should we use for the addressbook data?

There are also some legal problems. In France, we have an anti-Big-Brother law
and the creation of nominal database must be registered to a State Agency
(the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés) and you must give certain
rights to the person you register in your database. There are certain
informations that you are not allowed to collect (except if your are the
Police or have a special permission) like ethnic origin, religion,
philosophical or political opinions, criminal record, Social Security number.
But I guess, we won't collect these kind of information.

If the database is located in the US, I guess the law is more lenient.

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org