List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interesting news from HP
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-17 17:39:32

On Thursday 17 April 2003 19:19, Christopher TenHarmsel wrote:
> Here's an interesting tidbit from Slashdot: Aparantly HP has dropped further
> investments in Gnome 2 and that they're going back to CDE as their desktop.

...on HP-UX, which is why this isn't so noteworthy.

> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/16/2016221
>
> Should we be looking for these kind of opportunities?

Possibly, but I think the worthwhile contacts at HP are in their Linux group
-- not in the HP-UX group.  I would expect that (a) the HP-UX group is pretty
conservative and (b) that they don't really care (== want to spend time or
money) that much about their desktop if they've got something that works.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer
shelf life.