List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-04-14 18:48:34

Le Vendredi 11 Avril 2003 12:15, Eva Brucherseifer a écrit :

> Well, in Germany we use KDE e.V., but it might be possible that people
> found an extra user organisation in Germany. I'd definitly support such a
> thing.

Yes, I really encourage the creation of a local organization  in each European
Countries (and countries applying to EU membership). If we want to apply for
grants to the European Union, having the possibility to prove that we have
developpers, users, translators in many countries and a true European
organization would be a big selling argument for the Brussels eurocrats.

Practically, what we have discussed in KDE France would be that KDE E.V
endorse one national organization by country which then gets as an
organization a non-voting membership in KDE E.V. But, if my memory is right,
it needed a change in the internal rules of KDE E.V. It would be nice, if at
the next assembly of KDE E.V., this change could be drafted and voted by the
KDE E.V. members.

Cheers,
Charles
--