List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] International Mother Language Day 21 February 2002
From:       Josef Spillner <josef () ggzgamingzone ! org>
Date:       2003-02-16 23:58:25

On Sunday 16 February 2003 23:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Isn't this a good date to do some more promoting of KDE also?
> -> unrestricted localization (in opposite to some commercial os) enables
> old cultures to use modern techniques without much costs etc.

Like promoting the klingon and saxon translations that are floating around? :)

Seriously, some days ago we contacted the folks from
http://www.internecy.de/ (there's even a mention of KDE on the download page)
to see whether they're interested in a Sorbian version of KDE, but there was
no response :(

It might also be worth to point out localized versions such as the one for
Iceland or Norway (Nyorsk), which compete against non-localized, or localized
for huge amounts of money, versions of "that other platform".

http://www.kdenews.org/972035764/
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=1999-01-21-007-05-OP
http://www.sorbischer-schulverein.de/ramiki.html?n

(Partially old links, sorry)