List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re:  Trophees du libre
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2003-02-14 3:22:54

On Thursday February 13, 2003 06:32, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> I think it looks much more professional and high quality to give out a
> CD with a graphic imprinted versus a label stuck on.
>
> I'll call around tomorrow and see: (1) if this is really possible, and
> (2) how much it would cost (color vs. b/w).

Here's a company, for an idea of the money involved:
http://www.oasiscd.com/cdrom/FF_price_list.html

Short run CD-R in a box with printing on the disc: $300 for 100 discs,
$1500 for 1000.  The higher quality media just go up from there.  Cheaper
than the New York Times, but so is everything (what did I start? :-).

Yes, quality is nice, but is KDE so well-known that passing out
high-quality CDs is the best way to improve its reputation?  People have
to know KDE exists before they will want to try it at home.

--
Neil Stevens - neil@qualityassistant.com
"Distinctions by race are so evil, so arbitrary and insidious that a