List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Trophees du libre
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-02-14 2:32:23

On Thursday 13 February 2003 5:48 pm, Andreas Pour wrote:

[...]

> There are certain economies of scale involved.  CD burning, par. if you use
> a full-color label, is a lot cheaper if you buy in large quantities - say
> 1,000. That makes customizability difficult.  I personally don't see the
> big need for a compiling CD for promotional things (I think the people who
> want to compile this way can burn their own CDs just how they like them),
> but I could be missing something.

My understanding was that Charles was suggesting we sell "unburned" CD's that
have a beautiful graphic imprinted on them.  I could buy five or ten, and
burn my own "newbie" version of KnoppixKDE, and them give them away as a
promotional tool.

I think it looks much more professional and high quality to give out a CD with
a graphic imprinted versus a label stuck on.

I'll call around tomorrow and see: (1) if this is really possible, and (2) how
much it would cost (color vs. b/w).

Mark