List:       kde-promo
Subject:    RE: [kde-promo] recording a KDE session
From:       Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY () OBERTHURCS ! com>
Date:       2003-02-03 12:07:37

> From: Tim Jansen [mailto:ml@tjansen.de]
>
> My last, remaining problem is that I havent found a command
> line tool for
> recording. The requirements are:
> - must take a OSS source (there is no ALSA driver for my USB headset)
> - must be able to specify the OSS device (because I have
> several OSS devices)
> - must be able to stream the sound into a wavfile while it is
> recording
> - should be able to write the data to STDOUT (even though a
> fifo solution may
> be possible as well)
>
> I haven't found a tool that fulfills all these requirements.
> As soon as I have, I can record with live-audio...

Hi Tim,

When you have found that, could you summerize all this in nice a howto ?
That way, we could link to it from the kde-promo site (or include it
directly), and help people produce nice video of KDE usage. We would then be
able to distribute the task of making promotions video to many people
(besides, it is really fun).

I think this has the potential to become a killer promotion tool. Imagine,
instead of saying Konqueror has this and this feature in CVS, you could just
demonstrate it in a video, like Apple did for Safari.

It could also be a tool for usability studies. Recording usability studies
with this tool allow to replay them later and to see what the user is doing.

	regards,

	Philippe