List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: [Important] When talking about Aegypten or Kroupware
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2003-01-31 21:33:37

Hi,

I think this may be a translation issue.  In English, there is no such
difference.

In English, governments "fund" things.  For example, they fund highway
construction.  Nobody thinks this means, they pay a contractor whether the job
is done or not.  Everyone knows there are contracts involved and payment is made
only when the job is completed, subject of course to progress payments.

Also, a contract also does not mean what you imply.  A contract does not mean
that you are paid only if the job is completed.  For example, there are many
types of contracts - such as futures or options - that have nothing to do with
anything being completed.  Other contracts - e.g., many software contracts are
based on an hourly rate and do not specify anything in particular get done but
just that you spend some time doing stuff.

So let's not get religious about this and annoy CNet.  I think they did a great
story and I don't think their reward should be getting "corrected".  I think
that only lessens the odds that they do another story.   Save your criticism for
really important matters :-).

Ciao,

Dre