List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [Kde-events] RE: [kde-promo] logo 4 poloshirts
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-07 17:53:02

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 17:50, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> Op dinsdag 7 januari 2003 14:42, schreef Eva Brucherseifer:
> > Once again....
>
> Beware .. we are talking about embroiderd poloshirts, NOT printed !! Does
> Kernelconcepts do embroiderd poloshirts ??

Yes sure. kernelconcepts is no manufacturer. They are a linux company that
also does linux merchendising. The service they provide to us is, that they
get the right manufacturer, do all the paperwork and share the profit with
us.

> > we are already working together with Kernelconcepts
> > (www.kernelconcepts.de). They are willing to take the complete risk, the
> > do the fabrication, the stocking and the shipping for us. And we get them
> > for a reduced price close to the fabrication costs plus some benefit of
> > what they sell on fairs (such as Linuxtag) and via internet.
>
> Eva I know, so the next step is to get this known to the people who attend
> this mailinglist. So do I need to email Kernelconcepts when I want for
> example 200 pins for doing KDE-promo in my country.

Then you write an email to Petra at Kernelconcepts and tell her that you need
200 pins. She'll send you the pins with a bill. After the event you hopefully
have a full cash box and you can pay the bill. You can also ask Petra, if you
can send back the stuff you didn't sell.

Check http://events.kde.org/resources/index.phtml and see my comment below ;-)

> > Here is our deal for the pins:
> >
> > They ordered 1000 pins, we bought 200 the first time.
> > - KDE e.V. pays 1,10EUR for a pin
> > - for every pin sold by kernel concepts we get 0,30EUR
> > - official price is 1,50EUR
>
> Okay than I'm interested in these pins. (say 100 or so)
>
> > Kernelconcepts are willing to setup a similar thing for T-Shirts.
>
> Great, this is good news. Also I want to avoid duplicate efforts because in
> The Netherlands we have printed also some t-shirts. That was a bit
> expensive for us -> actualy for Rinse de Vries (rinse@kde.nl)

Basically you'll need some cash box.... what about the profit of the t-shirts
you sold? What happened to it? Such money is usually a good start.
I am not sure how we can support these things with KDE e.V. The problem here
is, that there is not enough money in KDE e.V. to give it away easily. So we
must ensure that
- the money is spent in a way, that it directly supports KDE and/or its
developers.
- we only can give money away, if we get a proper receipt, so that the books
are correct
- it must be ensured, that no single person enriches himself with the profit
(KDE e.V. cannot sponsor setting up a business)
- regular sponsorship is quite difficult, since we never know how much money
KDE e.V. will have next year.

So basically, in order to get money from KDE e.V., you must have some kind of
concept what to do with the money. Then you mail to kde-ev-board@kde.org and
ask for money or support.
What about the option to create a non-profit organisation in the Netherlands
as it exists in France? It would make it easier to take care of the money.
Also with non-profit organizations the single members are usually not
liable... plus, that it easier for KDE e.V. to share liability.

> My suggestion is that we list this stuff in one doc or so. "Who can I
> contact for these pins" "Where can I buy t-shirt at a costprice?" "What
> about the possibilities of shipping outside europe ?"
>
> btw .. It is meant as constructive critiscm, I appreciate the work of
> events.kde.org.  Just some thoughts about this whole promo/ events thing.

The problem with events.kde.org is, that I am short in time and so far no one
really wanted to help. Maybe I should say it a bit louder than before....
HELP, I can't handle it anymore all alone!
Actually it already would help, if each team that did a KDE presentation would
update the pages on events.kde.org to have their knowledge available for the
next team.

Greetings,
eva