List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Chile Activities
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-01 15:54:54

On Saturday 30 November 2002 05:35, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

> [ Re-sent due to wrong email addr and stayed 2 days waiting for moderator
> approval, added some new issues]
>
> Hi guys, as I offered myself to be the contact for the project in Chile, I
> want to give you a small report of what I am doing right now:
>
> - - - Organized a small group of people to form a KDE community in Chile.
> Got some good feedback
> - - - Talked to the owner of kde.cl and he accepted to give me the domain
> to setup the community site. (but hosted on their machines :-( )
> The objetives of the site is to show the user side of KDE (screenshots:
> burning cds, chats, games, messaging, mail, etc), some developer
> documentation, kde news/events.
>
> The objetives of the community is to form developers. I plan to teach c++,
> Qt, and kdelibs to some guys, and then make the knowledge spread like a
> tree. Start some kde projects here.
> The developers section of the site will contain some slides I have
> presented in Linux events.

a question about these slides .. in what language are they ? Can I for example
use them overhere in the Netherlands during dutch events?

> - - - Got TV-Nauta, a computer TV Program to talk about Kopete, new
> features of KDE very often, they have every week a Linux section. ( today
> they showed KOffice and upcoming Kopete 0.6 features, the nice thing is
> that they print big urls while showing something )
> I am also invited to talk about KDE/Kopete to the tv program whenever I
> want. I am going to do that after my exams periods end. For example to show
> KDE 3.1 release.

Good for you ... very nice !

> Also, I will then start another task I offered my self, a kde people
> directory, still deciding about what to use (LDAP?)
>
> Well, I am now subscribed to the list, so any feedback is appreciated.
> I will try now to get some contacts so I can talk about kde in a more
> enterprise level in technology events. Not too hard, the contacts are
> there.

Maybe it is an idea to get enterpise.kde.org back up. It looks a bit outdated
but maybe there should be some focus on that as well. I personally think it
is related to promo.kde.org and events.kde.org

> What should I do to get some KDE promo material?

Contact the KDE-league for maybe some flyers. But as far as I know there are
only german kde3-flyers avaible. Right now I am in the proces translating
these to dutch and (maybe english) .

You can find the source-file (Adobe Pagemaker 6.5) at the homepage of Tackat.

If you want .. you could translate from german to your own language. If I can
help you here let me know ...

> Also, since the kde.cl registration expiration is in February, I want to
> avoid this guy to re register it, so the best way to proceed is to register
> kde as a trademark in Chile to avoid use of it in non KDE project issues
> (like current kde.cl page), I know the steps to do that, but I would like
> to do it using KDE e-V names instead of me as a natural person, both for
> trademark and the domain. Can anyone advice me?
>
> Cheers!
> Duncan

grtz'

Fab