List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] legal status of selling stuff during events ..
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-06-22 19:03:13

hello,

While a lot of people were present at LinuxTag, KDe-nl  (dutch KDEpromo group)
had his own humble event in Amsterdam called Linux@work. Today, I recieved
some pics which I want to sent to the Dot with a small report along with some
thank-yous to some people. (need to find a *working* scanner this weekend)

We also sold all of our first load of t-shirts during Linux@work and with that
we were more succesful then we had hoped for. During this day and later on,
we talked about the legal status of selling shirts through our dutch
KDE-website. We want to offer some KDE-shirts (and maybe more merchandise in
the future) in The Netherlands and Belgium that people can buy without
spending a truckload of money for getting out of Germany/ France or the US.

So .. we do not want to have trouble with taxes or so. Can we operate under
the hood of KDE ev with a dutch bank-account ? If so who should we contact on
this matter. Please contact Rinse rinse@kde.nl (coordinator of
dutch-translations) or me.

Please feel free to give your opnion on the above matter ...

Fab

PS I crossposted the message to kde-promo and kde-events, sorry about that :-P