List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] today's Gnossip
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       2002-02-26 11:17:32

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Neither do I.  Sustained malicious intent is key, and it's often easy
> to identify.  Wiggle lasted for a while on the dot, until he slipped
> up and made it easy to brand him as a troll.  So did dude13/joe99.
> There are ones that can be immediately spotted.

And they'll just use a different username next time.
How about this fix:
Mark accounts as "troll" when they posted 3 or more troll messages.
Such a mark has the effect that comments posted by this user are shown to
that particular user only, so they don't see they've been added to the
blacklist [and therefore will continue using their old username, one less
thing to worry about].

LLaP
bero

--
This message is provided to you under the terms outlined at
http://www.bero.org/terms.html