List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] today's Gnossip
From:       "Chris Howells" <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-25 8:40:22

> From: Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca>

> On the flip size, there has been quite an increase in trolls on
> dot.kde.org.  It almost seems like a concerted effort.  Some guy
> (joe99, who used to troll the dot as dude13 before) is going around
> plastering a *huge* essay and various other trolls/obscenities about
> "KDE Myths" on the dot and elsewhere.  At least 4 other individual
> trollers using various nicks and IPs have been pinpointed.

Well, at the moment we seem to allow anonymous posting of comments to the
dot. Would it be possible to only allow people that have registered to
post? This wouldn't help fully, but I'm sure it would help a bit.

> Ironically, joe99's main accusation is that KDE has a propaganda
> machine, while *we* bitch all day about having no PR. :-)

Hehehe ;)

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt