List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] promo.kde.org or events.kde.org?
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 21:07:22

at the moment I am setting up an online registration system for events. The
reason is, that it was quite a lot of work to handle all emails during
organizing the booth for last year's Linuxtag (www.linuxtag.org). 40 KDE
people attanded and who knows how many it will be this year.
The good thing is, that such a system can easily be adopted to other events.

So where should these pages be placed? I had a look on promo.kde.org and after
talking to Andreas I got the impression that it is unmaintained (are there
maintainers here?)
And it also has another focus - it is like the two mailing lists kde-promo and
kde-events. There are some overlapping discussions, but also a lot of
different ones. kde-events focuses much more on organizing events. And that
is also what I would like to focus on for a new site. That is why I am in
favour of a new domain events.kde.org.

So what would be in events.kde.org?
- online registration for events (as described above)
- calendar of coming events
- calendar of past events with photos (there already is some stuff on
women.kde.org, which easily can be moved)
- howto on organizing booths (we already did one on the kde-events mailing
list)
- howto for people being booth staff (like Ralf's famous styling guide ;-)

Bero already agreed on hosting this site, Chris wants to help with html and
Mark Bucciarelly with the database.  We'd have the code in KDE's CVS with an
ACL for all people who are involved (just like the other sites).

More help, comments and ideas are as always welcome.

Greetings,
eva