List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness in   german Heise-Forum
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 21:04:59

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 07:10 am, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> The biggest problem of KDE is that it depends on very few people doing all
> the important thing. It ends up with always the same person doing what
> needs to be done. 2 main contributors to KOffice, 3 developers for
> KDevelop, despite the fact that those are in the most praised KDE
> applications. The same goes for booth organisation. All the success are due
> to some people devoting their entire time to an event (Gerard Delafond for
> the Paris Linux Espo). They have no support from KDE itself, in term of
> help for organisation, equipment, ...

KDE's problem is that only the actual development is well-organized but that
we haven't been able to extend that organisation ver well into other areas.

In general in KDE things only happen because _YOU_ make them happen. That goes
for code and that goes for PR. Unfortunately KDE's lack of organisation makes
that people who try to make PR happen are currently running into walls.
That's the bad side. The good side is that we DO have very commited and
competent people at the moment who want to do these things, so I am confident
that by putting the organisation in place that allows these people to do what
they want to do, we will end up with a very good KDE Promo department.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer