List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] news.news.com.com
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-18 0:51:52

On Sunday 17 February 2002 03:06 pm, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Good point.  But, at least in the US, people are not so interested in
> internationalization, it's a very inward-looking country, and some other
> feature, like *FREE*, is more interesting :-).

Yes, but there is little news wrt "free".

> These would make nice headlines :-).

It should be possible to get "Free" in there: "Free Desktop Konquers World"
(for those concerned: KDE3 doesn't really conquer the world, KDE3 merily
conquers the (font) barriers that hinder world wide use of KDE3.)

> We might mention Linux.  In my discussions with "ordinary" people in the
> US, a good number have heard of "Linux", far more than "KDE", and hardly
> anybody knows what "UNIX" is.

Well, yes, but our own developers tend to misread that into thinking that KDE
only cares about Linux and not about other platforms. So we must show some
political correctness in that area I think.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer