List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] news.news.com.com
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-16 11:23:01

> > Any ideas on what the PR focus should be in terms of KDE3 vs KDE2?
>
> All the work which has been done under the hood.
> I know that usersoften do not realize, that a pretty GUI only makes for
> maybe 10% of an application. About 90% is under the hood anmd they never
> see it. They keep asking themselves, what developers are actually doing
> and why the have not yet implemented the last 60 feature requests they
> made. I think we should focus on all the improvements that come from
> porting to QT3. I think we should show the user and especially possible
> commercial users, that KDE is a high quality product and that much
> thinking and work goes into its extenseabillity and base code.

Yes, quite true :-)
Additionally we can stress the fact, that with KDE2 a very stable and flexible
framework was developed, like the ioslaves, like kparts, like dcop, and that
a lot of the new features are based on these techniques. See kate which is
heavily based on kparts and plugins, see the cervisia part, the kdeprint
system, the new noatun plugins, KCertPart, etc. etc.
And - this framework can also be used by commercial apps!

Have a nice weekend,
eva