List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] what was that competition?
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-02-01 1:06:06

Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma@kde.org> wrote:
> I was a bit surprised to see mentionned in a UK magazine that I bought today
> a competition for attracting new developers to the KDE project.
> As I understand it, members of the KDE projects were excluded.
> My magazine was not very up-to-date because that competition ended last
> November. A friend read the german article and translated it to me. He
> said there were only 4 entries.

4 entries?  Ouch.  I haven't heard about this one either.  We could
use some real KDE competitions.

The last competition I heard of was the Qtopia thing, which we
mentioned once on the dot although someone else anonymously submitted
a comprehensive announcement a few weeks later -- that one we didn't
post.  Before that there was the IBM developerWorks KDE theme
contest...

-N.