List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] what was that competition?
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-09 19:40:02

Hi all,

I was a bit surprised to see mentionned in a UK magazine that I bought today
a competition for attracting new developers to the KDE project.
As I understand it, members of the KDE projects were excluded.
My magazine was not very up-to-date because that competition ended last
November. A friend read the german article and translated it to me. He
said there were only 4 entries.

I find strange that such a competition was organized by some KDE members and
that nobody knew about it. In the KDE-Edu project, we attracted new KDE
developers: since september, I count at least 4 or 5 new people. Maybe those
people would have been happy to participate........

Just my thoughts........

--
Anne-Marie
annma@kde.org