List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE and the Euro symbol
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-12-16 21:40:18

On Monday 17 December 2001 22:39, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> Op woensdag 12 december 2001 12:04, schreef David Faure:
>

> > KDE does provide a howto. See http://www.koffice.org/kwordeuro.phtml
>
> Thanks for this link. I have sent it to the newsgroup and most readers were
> able to apply it and now have Euro support in KDE.

Great.

> However, the information is quite hidden on the KDE site. For users it's hard
> to find IMHO.

Sure. I didn't make it very proeminent because I thought it needed more
input first - there's only my side of the story on that page ;)
I got some feedback, but rather "it doesn't work for me" than helpful
additions.
Anyway, the above suggests that those explanations are helpful,
which is good news ;)

> Also, the KDE faq states this:
> "Is it possible to enter, show and work with the Euro Symbol in KDE?
>
> Yes and no. For details, look here: http://monitor.blvk.ch/euro/."
>
> The site monitor.blvk.ch does not exist.
> Isn't it a good idea to make your howto available in the faq?

Surely but I have no idea how to modify the FAQ
(does it come from a .docbook/.sgml ? how to regenerate the HTML
from it ? Or is it simple .html files on the website ? I think not, since it
also exists as part for the KDE docu, right ?).
Feel free to investigate and to contact e.g. the last FAQ maintainer,
or the documentation team...

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops