List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] as far as theKompany is concerned
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-12-06 12:00:09

Well, I personally don't begrudge you your business model, only the
perceived lack of PR skills at theKompany and/or perceived strained
relationship with the community (if it wasn't, someone wouldn't submit
a page long essay in consultation with others, about founding a
"different" kind of KDE company to the dot).  It's hard to get right,
just ask Trolltech.

HOWEVER, since you seem to be saying theKompany is doing very well for
itself, I'm very happy and you should certainly *not* change a formula
that works.

> You know, we've done a bucket of free stuff and it always gets forgotten
> for some reason.  I've spent more time and money on Aethera than any other
> product in our stable for whatever insanity and now we will give it
> away.  The updated Qt version is done now and we are testing

For example, as part of the KDE community myself, I must say I cringe
everytime you expound how you are "rebaptising" what was formerly a
KDE product and turning it into a pure Qt one.  Aethera immediately
loses value to me, personally, but I am not your paying customer
(yet).

Thankfully your business seems to be actually working, but maybe just
try to keep an eye on the PR aspects.  Don't take all this personally
either, please.  :-)

-N.