List:       kde-print
Subject:    Re: Page Size of HP Deskjet
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-08-16 12:12:28

Hans Ulrich Vetterli wrote:

> hi,
>
> since I installed SuSE 8.0 and KDE 3.02 the page size is incorrect, bevor I
> was using KDE 2.2 and everything worked correctly.
> I have a HP deskjet 880c and i'm using CUPS. It seems that the page (A4)
> generated by kdeprint is about one line to large in hight. I have played with
> several things (editing ppd files - ImageableArea --> shifts only the print
> image on the page, lpoptions scaling, etc), nothing worked. When I print into
> a file and send this trough pstops ("1:0@.95(0cm,1cm)") and after then to the
> printer, the output will be correct.
>
> Is there a way to adjust the A4 page size in KDE?

Not in the 3.0.x branch. The upcoming KDE-3.1/Qt-3.1 pair will have
support for user-defined margin, for many applications (konqueror, kmail,
kwrite,...). However this will require also Qt-3.1.
I don't know exactly why you get that problem, but it might be related
to some incompatibilities with the PS code generated by Qt and the printer
driver (ghostscript, I guess). Anyway, playing with the imageablearea of
the PPD file should help you, but you must be aware that all coordinates
refer to the bottom-left corner, and not the top-left one as it is usual
in GUI. So, each ImageableArea is given by the coordinates of the
bottom-left and top-right corners.

When you print to a file and view it, can you "see" that problem of
too high print content?

Bye.
Michael.