List:       kde-print
Subject:    kjobviewer ignores geometry option
From:       Andreas Gabriel <Andreas.Gabriel () Physik ! Uni-Marburg ! DE>
Date:       2002-08-01 21:16:44

Hello,

I know there is already kde 3.x, but I am still using Kde 2.2.2-14
(Debian Woody).
I have following problem with kjobviewer:
I'd like to run kjobviewer without a window manager, because we need
an interactive interface for print job administration (release/cancel
held jobs) at a cups server.
The idea was to start kjobviewer directly with the X-server under a user
id which has the rights to manage jobs at the cups server, but no other
rights at the client side (login shell, execute any commands, ...).

The command line I tested to start kjobviewer was

kjobviewer --all --nofork --show --geometry 1024x768+0+0

Unfortunately, kjobviewer ignores the height and width of the geometry
option, so it won't expand to the hole size of the screen. But without
a window manager it isn't possible to maximize the window, so it must
be maximized by command line.

Does anybody know about this problem?
How does kjobviewer under Kde 3.x behave?

Thank you + regards
A. Gabriel