List:       kde-print
Subject:    Re: server restart loses printer instances and settings
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2002-06-17 9:30:23

Michael Goffioul wrote:
>>Something very weird is happening with my "cvs up". I get a bunch of messages
>>about not being able to read/write files in kdelibs/KDE-ICE. A dir kdelibs/KDE-ICE
>>was created locally however. - I made a "cvs co" of kdelibs again. The whole
>>of kdelibs contains at least 10 new subdirs. And the messages abaut KDE-ICE
>>remained. I doesn't compile.
>>

> kdelibs/KDE-ICE does not exist. It's kdelibs/dcop/KDE-ICE.

True. I (mis-)quoted from memory (as I said the system conceerned is down until
tomorrow).

> I just try to
> update that dir and didn't get any problem. I don't think something changed
> there since a while. Several things you can check.
> 1) permissions on that dir

Nothing unusual. Everything like other dirs. But I couldn't do an ls -l on that dir
without an error message. (Even root can't do this).  I even did try to chown and
chmod it to world access -- no change. Have to wait till tomorrow....

> 2) remove the offending dir, then go into its parent and "cvs up KDE-ICE"

I had tried this and the removal was denied (even to root). That's why I persued
the whole cvs co for all of kdelibs again (see below).

> 3) remove the whole kdelibs and "cvs co kdelibs"

That's what I did. I had regularly updated before with "cvs up -dPA". I kept
the "old-kdelibs"-dir. From memory, the cvs co-ed kdelibs had 10 subdirs more
than the old-kdelibs (cvs up-ed 4 days before).

> 4) check your filesystem for potential corruption.

That's what I am suspecting now. It is ReiserFS (don't know the version). Don't
know how to fsck it. Need to look for docu. There were no suspicious messages
in the boot log however.

> Michael.

Thanks for caring,
Kurt