List:       kde-print
Subject:    Re: pretty printing from Kate
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-06-13 8:03:07

Albert Wagner wrote:

> After browsing the archives and docs I cannot see a way to print page headers
> from Kate using CUPS.  Is this true?  I used to use enscript for this but the
> archives seem to say that all KDE apps automatically format print output as
> PS.  Is there some other option I might explore?

Not from kate directly, and not from KDE-3.0.x. But kate printing
has been improved: it now can prints an header and a box around the
text, the header being configurable (in a similar way as enscript).
This is implemented on CVS and should be available in the next major
release as 3.1 (don't think it will be in the coming 3.0.2).

In the meantime, you can still print your text file using the command
line tool: kprinter file.txt. Then open the properties page and
add enscript as preprocessing filter in the "Filters" page.

Bye.
Michael.