List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: Updated policy
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2004-02-15 18:44:02

Hi,

For my $0.02, I think what you are doing here is to carve out software that
might violate copyright under US Laws (this language looks similar to what I
have seen in RIAA case news reports).  While it is commendable that you are
concerned with that, I think the focus is too narrow and does not help with
other types of illegality, such as patent law infringement.

Hence I would prefer a policy which is more generic, somehow trying to balance
the risk to KDE of prosecution versus the loss to KDE (to the project, its
members and the KDE user community, with appropriate weights for each category)
of shipping the software or technology in question.

Ciao,

Dre

--
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely
believe they are free.