List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: Suggested policy (was: Re: Apollon soon in kde-extragear)
From:       "Petter E. Stokke" <gibreel () project23 ! no>
Date:       2004-02-15 15:40:09

On Friday 13 February 2004 15:07, Harri Porten wrote:
> My personal problem with this: legal safety is not everything. The KDE
> project also has "moral" principles. If a software is obviously only
> used for illegal activities in the real world some made "legal usecases"
> don't really make much difference. It's simply dishonest if the real
> spirit is hidden behind some pseudo-legality arguments.

Which particular morality are you proposing? How would you demonstrate its
innate superiority over other morality systems?

This is why people form organised religions, not software projects. If
there's no universally encoded system of morality, then obviously we can't
make policies based on it.

--
Petter E. Stokke <gibreel@project23.no> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc