List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: KDE CVS Commit Policy
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-08 19:46:58

nicolasg@snafu.de schrieb am Sonntag, den 08. Juni 2003:

> I want to protest about the point 19 (no CVS keywords) and especially to have
> changed the KDE CVS so that CVS keywords does not work anymore.

We didn't change CVS so that CVS keywords don't work anymore. In fact, I'm
trying:

koffice/filters/kword/rtf/export $ grep Revision ExportFilter.cc
    QString revision("$Revision: 2.54 $");
koffice/filters/kword/rtf/export $ cvsversion ExportFilter.cc
2.54

Looks like its working for me. In fact, wether or not CVS keywords are
expanded pretty much depends on your -k setting you used during checkout the
module (there is a way to make the magic word expansion mode sticky but
thats not done for your filters as far as I can see).

BTW, the point was about $Id$ (cvsversion does the same) and $Log$ (just
bloating the files and making merging very complicated).

> I also want to point out that point 20 should be extended to multiple
> directories too, not only to multiple files.

That was intended, clarified the explanation.

> Also point 18: flex and bison should *not* be assumed. Automake/autoconf can
> only deal with yacc/lex-compatibility.

Well, it _says_ that one should not assume flex/bison:

<quote>
Tools which shouldn't be a requirement for building KDE include lex/flex,
yacc/bison, python, ruby etc.
</quote>

--
Dirk