List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: KDE CVS Commit Policy
From:       nicolasg () snafu ! de
Date:       2003-06-08 18:06:52

I want to protest about the point 19 (no CVS keywords) and especially to have
changed the KDE CVS so that CVS keywords does not work anymore.

Now the automatic file revision put in each output file of my KWord's export
filters do not work anymore. (Old revision numbers are kept despite a commit.)

So if anybody has any idea how to replace $Revision$, I want to be told please.
All idea I have are much less grained and therefore are worse.

The problem are people that do not want to (or cannot) tell exactly which
filter version was used. (The problem is especially for distribution after
KOffice releases: was the fix already in the distribution or not.)

I also want to point out that point 20 should be extended to multiple
directories too, not only to multiple files.

Also point 18: flex and bison should *not* be assumed. Automake/autoconf can
only deal with yacc/lex-compatibility.

Sorry to have not brought my ideas before, but as told on the koffice-devel
mailing list, I have current no phone at home as the installation is delayed.
(So I have only public Internet accesses or GSM/V.110 slow mobile phone
connection available.)

Please CC me! Thank you in advance!

Have a nice
day!