List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Posting in the latest version of Kmail
From:       Jay Oliveri <ilnero () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-20 15:36:41

On Thursday 19 July 2001 08:46 am, Jim George wrote:
[snip]

> 	I am impressed however.....I am unable to post mail to my companies
> smtp server as I get the error 'Response 505 Authentication required'
>
> 	How do I provide authentication to an SMTP post?  I don't see a way.
>
> 	Please help me as this is the last thing that prevents me throwing
> netscape mail into the bin.

If ditching NS is the goal, then don't use Kmail for SMTP auth.  Use
something like ssmtp:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/mail/ssmtp.html

(.tgz versions available too)

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
GnuPG ID: 0x2EC6780C                          the one-eyed man is king."