List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: PIM Server Update
From:       Olaf Zanger <olaf.zanger () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-17 13:22:57

hi there,

> The results have been posted to my web site if
> you are interested.
very nicely made up. now eks and pim-server is in sync if i may add these two points:
1. IMHO since we may not be able to delete the PIM-thinking (which is obvious, since
you all seam to origin there :-) we may explain that this is extendable to every sort
of data (pim, kconfig, email, calendar, project, time, todos, notes, koffice, ebooks,
mp3, ...)

2. i tried a system-design, where just the request/result and the data-conversion
goes through keeper, the data, that has not to be changed, just goes straight (for
speed and easy upgrade). how can we add this to mike's design?

and some questions for details to be decided:
Q1: if keeper has a xml-interface, what would that nativ api be (dcop, xml-rpc, soap,
others)?
Q2: i don't know the base of evolution-server, but this is also a open-source effort,
so how do we deal with that?
Q3: (since i come from SQL-environments) how would a request-for-data look like (e.g.
if a program wants all relevant kword documents of all users that are invited to
meeting x for syncing with the laptop)?

olaf

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Olaf Marc Zanger