List:       kde-pim
Subject:    PIM Server Update
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2001-06-14 19:10:17

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that a few of us met today on IRC to chat
about the new PIM server. The results have been posted to my web site if
you are interested.

To summarize, we talked about merging eks and pim server, and found that
they were very similar projects. Ideas from each will be used. Olaf is now
assisting in the PIM server development, bringing his string SQL DB
background.

A general road map was written, and some of the more vague areas started
to get nailed down. Currently Olaf if working on gather a list of all
active PIM developers and finding the active maintainer for each project.
From there we will be asking developers what information they would like
to see stored, and developing an XML schema to handle this.

Contact me if you have any questions or if you would like to get more
involved. We are always looking for suggestions and ideas. I just first
ask that you checkout my page, so we don't keep repeating the same things!

We are also looking for names for the pim server. So far the following has
been suggested:
 - keeper
 - kollector

The updates can be found here: http://www.slac.com/~mpilone/kde_pim_api/