List:       kde-pim
Subject:    sync with mobile devices
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-19 9:53:56

hi

The Nokia Media Terminal (a competing product to the xbox) runs on Linux. I
imagine Nokia has a vital interest in supporting a sync tool for their
upcomming 3G/UMTS mobile phones.

ostdev.net is a website that host and supports open source projects related
to the Nokia Media Terminal.

What I think about is a colloborate project between ostdev and kde for a
plugin based, non-gui architecture to sync all kinds of mobile devices with
the related desktop. At least, Nokia will provide the plug ins for their
mobile phones - to sync with the media terminal, which in return would be
beneficial to us. On top of this archicture ost-developers and kde-developers
make individual gui front-ends.
Comments, flames,...?

Christoph Held