List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Fwd: usability - abbrowser - "file as", fuzzy name detection
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-04-26 21:38:09

Hi!
I think I have problems to find a list where this matter is accepted.

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:30:27 +0200
From: Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer@aon.at>
To: kde-pim-request@kde.org

Hi!
I think I was on the wrong lifs!
Please contact me directly if you think I can contribute to the project.

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:10:15 +0200
From: Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer@aon.at>
To: kde-devel@kde.org

Hi!
some (important ?) suggestions

1) "file as" should take the form "last name, first name, suffix, title".
This gives a more sensible order (Now we have title,first name, last name...
it's good to find all Doctors...:-))

2) unfortunately many email adresses here are quoted "last name, title,
firstname"
abbrowser does not handle this appropriate if "add to addressbook" is
selected from kmail.

Solutions

2a) Add a combobox to select one of the various combinations how the name
should be split into first name, last name, title etc.

2b) check for known first names and titles etc. in the addressbook to
automagicaly determine the best (most frequent) choice of the combinations
(of 2a).

3) default fields for abbrowser. "file as" should be replaced by "last name",
"firstname", "title" if (1) can't be changed for somre reasons. sort and
incremental search by "file as" at it is does not make sense at all - at
least if you want to find someone.

--
cu
ferdinand

KDE 2 - current CVS on SuSE 7.1, X86Free 4.0.3

regards
Ferdinand Gassauer

http://www.goesing.at