List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Bug
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-04-23 20:52:37

Bonsoir mr. Lambert,

Le .png que vous avez envoye n'est pas tres informatif. Il est meilleur de
cliquer sur le tab "pile des appels", puis sur "save to disk" (bien en
Francais) et envoyer cet file. Merci.

[A png of the crash window is not helpful. Send the backtrace itself instead.]

However, there is one useful bit of information: SIGABRT. This means that an
assert() in the vcal conduit failed, but there are no asserts in the vcal
conduit itself. It must be a problem in the kpilot base conduit stuff.

On Friday 20 April 2001 22:53, bga.lambert@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> I try to use Korganizer 2.1 with Kpilot  4.02b
>
> Distrib Suse 7.1 kernel 2.2.18
> last KDE 2.1.1
>
> Palm os 3.10 h from visor handspring

That should all work. If you can send the backtrace, we can look into this
more closely.

> I dont have installed pilot link  I don't know whe it is writing we need
> the program on the kpilot home page

It must be installed, since KPilot won't run otherwise. Suse must have put it
somewhere -- the version of pilot-link is not important.

[For KPilot developers, from the sources:

pilotAddress.cc:    assert(0);

o yeah, funky! Greg, could you switch the qDebug stuff over to kdDebug() or
preferably DEBUGKPILOT (or best kdWarning in this case) style debugging?]

--
[ade] at home: adridg@sci.kun.nl
Probably hacking at KPilot for KDE2.