List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Documentation for kde-pim
From:       Barry D Benowitz <b.benowitz () telesciences ! com>
Date:       2000-06-01 13:15:55

Hopefully you've gotten other answers via private email, because I'm fairly new
to this project myself.

KOrganizer as it existed before  (in 1.1.2) has been deprecated.  The version
under kdepim is the one currently under development. It is a port of the 1.1.2
version to suppport all the neat KDE 2 stuff such as embedding, using the QT
2.1 toolkit and other enhancements.

As to what the other parts are (such as Empath), I'm not sure and I hope they
answer on the list.  I'm currently working on getting KOrgnizer itself ready
for the next beta. KOrganizer can either stand on its own, be embedded in
Konqueror or be Embedded in Empath.

As far as I know, there will be no executable called kde-pim.

Welcome aboard!

--
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:b.benowitz@telesciences.com