List:       kde-pim
Subject:    RFC:  A different proposal
From:       Tim Rohrer <tim () metbymail ! com>
Date:       1999-07-31 21:50:56

Hello Everyone,

Since it turns out that I don't need to write an API for LDAP support in KDE,
I have been thinking about another project.  This time, before I start working
I will propose it to you all and make sure someone else isn't already taking
care of it.

The proposal I have is to start working on getting printed output for the pim.
 In particular, I would start with pulling data from an LDAP server and
formatting it to different forms for printing.  Eventually, the different
forms would include labels of most varieties and printouts for daytimers, etc.
 This may be a trivial project if routines exist for formatting data properly
to fit on printers.  Do we have an internal data format inside the pim
framework? If so, I'll write stuff to make use of it so the integration into
kab, etc., is easier.

Thoughts, comments, etc.?

-Tim