List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Need for a general purpose database in KDE (maybe kab)
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-07-13 8:02:25

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Mirko Sucker wrote:
> What I want to say is:
> Lets start the project kde-pim, but do not estimate a early time when it should
> be finished. Go create a REAL GOOD DATABASE DESIGN. And implement it.
>
> And touch the kdelibs only if you finished it and know that it works.
>
> I will join the development, and I am sure Markus Wuebben also will.
I agree joining together is in everyones best interests.

I do think the project has already begun, with the work you have done on kab
and much other work done by numerous people. We need to unify these parts and
fill in the gaps.

I think we are still in the early stages of PIM development where design
decisions are being discussed rather than release version dates, also I
have made no plans to touch kdelibs.

Don.