List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Simplifying Korganizer
From:       Olivier Churlaud <olivier () churlaud ! com>
Date:       2017-09-12 5:54:24

Hi,

I thought about your answers and I think that the problem is that Korganizer adds a \
level of complexity : Kontact aggregates several applications in one. But Korganizer \
does the same. So if you want to use the journal (idem for tasks) you can do: Kontact \
> Journal or Kontact > Korganizer > Journal.

I think the second path is not really relevant and quite complex.

What if we still used the same code for all apps (as it is now) and provide 3 \
separate entry points (understand executable binaries) : Korganizer, Tasks, Journal? \
Names can change of course.

This way a user would now what they are using and what the scope of the program is. \
If a user wants to easily switch between them, Kontact's purposes is exactly that.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Olivier

--
Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma \
brièveté.