List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Frameworks branch?
From:       laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-06-24 16:08:12

Le mardi 24 juin 2014 16:45:35 John Layt a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi,

> With KF5 due to be tagged in one week, and 4.14 going into feature
> freeze tomorrow, I was wondering what the state of the kdepimlibs
> frameworks branch was?

Kdepimlibs frameworks compiles fine and allows to compile kdepim/kdepim-runtime
framework.
It still uses kdelibs4support.

> I see Montel has been merging from master, but has any other work
> taken place in it?

It's not just a merge it makes it compile and start to remove all
kdelibs4support.
A lot of deprecated function was removed and a lot of "TODO KDE5" were done.

> I seem to recall steveire had a frameworks branch somewhere with lots
> of build changes and other things, was this ever merged in?

> Did we reach a consensus on when we want to switch our focus from KDE4
> to KF5?  After 4.14 or 4.15?

After 4.15.
When we see the number of dev on kdepim*...
- Christian works on master for kolabsystem (=> he will not work on framework
during some months)
- Dan works on akonadi/kdepim*-master
- Me I work on kdepim* master framework.

So better to still work on master until 4.15 and after focus on framework so
we will have time more time to work on framework.

Regards.

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel@kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr