List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.1?
From:       "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-02 19:25:01

2008/5/2 Thomas McGuire <thomas.mcguire@gmx.net>:
> And I'll try to use Kontact4 for my daily work now (until now, I've only used
> KMail4), so I can find problems in the parts I use.

I tested the KDE 4.1 Alpha1 yesterday, specifically KDEPIM. My major apps are:
Summary (I could live without temporarily)
KAddressBook (including custom fields)
KOrganizer (including To-Do)
Basket (Not really part of Kontact, but I run it inside)
Journal

I found that KAddressBook and KOrganizer were completely unusable. So
much so that I didn't even bother filing bug reports as it was obvious
to me that KDEPIM was nowhere near a usable state yet. So I do not
think that you will be able to use it day to day. I tried.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן- -ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?