List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kontact - ubuntu - PGP
From:       Markus Feilner <lists () feilner-it ! net>
Date:       2007-08-21 12:05:56

Am Dienstag 21 August 2007 11:33:38 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 11:20:33AM +0200, Markus Feilner wrote:
> > Hello List,
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> > on KDE 3.5.7 I have some troubles with PGP and Kontact:
> >
> > Pgp works fine, i can encode and decode text. I can also send me a signed
> > E-Mail with Kontact, and it recognizes the key of the incoming message
> > correctly.
> > E-Mail Encryption with Kontact works, but decryption doesn't.
> > I should be asked for a password for the private key, but I am not,
> > instead, kontact shows "wrong passphrase", even though i have not
> > provided any.
>
> To provide the passphrase to the gpg/pgp tool normally a helper
> application 'pinentry' is used. Take a look at your installation whether
> this application/package is installed and configured correctly.
>
> Ciao,
> Tobias

Thanks Tobias,
I checked out of KDE, and logged back in, started Kontact again - now it
worked. Upon opening the mail i was asked for a passphrase with which kontact
decrypted the mail.

Strange, because I had done several reboots before.

Pinentry-qt seems to be installed:
# dpkg -l | grep pinentry
ii  pinentry-qt                                0.7.2-3 ....

I'll keep you up to date if it works. :-)

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
fon regensburg                  +49 941 8107989
mobil                           +49 170 3027092=20
www: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner@feilner-it.net