List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Introduction of myself
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-05 19:59:18

On Thursday 05 October 2006 21:47, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:33:39PM +0200, Tobias Klein wrote:
>
> > I think it is also important to
> > do as much refactoring as possible and identify those parts of the
> > API which are broken by design due to their long development
> > history ;-).
>
> ACK, ACK, ACK! ;)

Me too ;-)

> For the moment you could implement a dummy model which provides some
> static contact/event data (Cornelius, have you implemented one for
> KAgenda?)

KAgenda uses a model, but not one inherited from the abstract Qt model
classes.

> > I was told by Tobias König that there are not
> > so many devs active at the moment.
>
> Right, also this has improved after Akademy, Bertjan and you have joined
> and some other guys have asked on the list as well.

It's really great to see this regrowing interest in kdepim. Welcome to the
team :-)

> Kontact and KOffice are the most important applications for KDE in the
> business area, and that's where we can make points with good support for
> ODF and kiosk mode, so we should try to bring everything in a good shape
> for KDE 4.x

Yes, we really have to have a working Kontact for KDE 4. If you are a bit
adventurous now is a great time for helping with this goal. There are so many
areas where you can get active and quickly see success.