List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Introduction of myself
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-10-02 15:14:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Ingo,

On Monday 02 October 2006 14:01, Ingo Malchow wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I want to introduce myself to take part in helping out kdepim, since i read
> on the planet, that help is really needed.
> First, i come from Germany and studied computer science but am now changing
> to "security in information technology", which is very interesting.
> Since i saw KDE the first time, i am very impressed and always wanted to
> join, but was to shy... ;)
> And now i would like to try it. I have c++-experience, am somewhat
> comfortable with qt and kde (still learning), and right now i am digging
> through the pim-sources. Of most interest is kontact in general and
> certainly kmail or akregator.

If you want to work on Akregator, something I wrote some days ago on
kdepim-users might be of interest to you:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdepim-users&m=115937233121177&w=3

If you have question on how to set up KDE4 or about akregator sources and
plans in particular, don't hesitate to ask, you can contact me on IRC (in
#akregator and #kontact, but currently I am only irregulary online),
akregator-devel@lists.sf.net, or directly via personal mail.

Welcome to KDE-PIM!

Frank